Are you struggling with behavior problems with your child?
And are you feeling stressed out, frustrated, or that you’re a “bad” parent sometimes?
Is your child:
- no longer responding to discipline methods that once worked?
- not listening to you or doing as you ask?
- having problems at school?
- being aggressive- biting, hitting, yelling, or throwing tantrums?
- having a hard time being away from you?
- speaking to you in a disrespectful manner?
As a parent are you:
- frustrated with your child’s behavior (or your reactions to the behavior)?
- feeling guilty or self-conscious about how you are parenting?
- looking for the answers in books and experts but not finding ones that work long-term?
- worried that you might lose (or have lost) your connection with your child?
- having a hard time setting limits with your child?
- struggling to balance your family’s needs with your own needs?
You are not alone. Parents everywhere are struggling with the same issues and feeling the same way. Parenting is going to be challenging sometimes no matter what, but it’s not meant to be as difficult as it’s become. As a parent, you are suppose to be the most important person in your child’s life but you are also suppose to have a lot of support — from family, from friends and neighbors, from teachers, and from the culture at large. Unfortunately, these days you are less likely to have this “village” of support.
There is nothing more important than having a deep and loving connection to your child. This is the “secret ingredient” needed to be a successful parent and to raise a child who is happy and healthy. Developmental psychology has proven the critical nature of this connection and they refer to it as “attachment”. The problem is that even if you love your child with all of your heart, it can be hard maintaining this bond at times when you don’t have the support you need.
Worst of all, many of the most popular parenting “experts” and books and techniques out there that you have heard about are just making things worse. Because things are becoming harder for parents, moms and dads like you are looking for answers wherever they can find them. Most of these so-called solutions work in the short-term but stop working over time and can damage the relationship between you and your child. This is because most of these solutions concentrate on your child’s behavior and not on whether or not they are feeling safe and secure. What parents need is support and to understand the “big picture” of parenting and child development.
The good news is you can get the support you need to stop struggling with your child and to feel more confident and at ease as a parent.
“Transformative Parenting gave us the insight to understand our child, his needs and our roles as his parents. Since our consultations, we have stopped reacting and started connecting. Out child has transformed from anxious and aggressive to comfortable and happy. We now understand how to guide him through his frustrations and help him feel secure. The effect on the overall rhythm of our everyday lives and our relationships is so much more profound than I could have ever imagined. We are forever grateful.” –Adria C., mother of 2, Denver, CO.
Through our unique combination of parenting consultation and education, including in-person, telephone, and online support, parents who work with us are able to:
- feel more confident in themselves as a parent
- have more loving and connected relationships with their children
- become more and more clear about what their child needs, especially when problems arise
- stop reacting so much to their child’s behavior and learn how to be in the lead
- feel less intimidated by how others feel they should be parenting and feel more secure in their own choices
“Todd Sarner and everyone I have worked with at Transformative Parenting have been such valuable lifelines to have as a parent. When I need advice or guidance on an issue regarding parenting that I don’t quite feel 100% on, knowing I have such a wonderful parenting resource is very reassuring. When needed, Todd has consistently helped guide me by reinforcing the core principals that solidify that very important to me parent and child attachment.
I would recommend Todd as a parent counselor to anyone in need of guidance, small or large, in the parenting arena. Tranformative Parenting’s workshops and classes are another valuable resource I can’t recommend highly enough.” — Tamara M., mother of 2, San Rafael, CA
What makes Transformative Parenting different?
Although we have extensive experience working with children, at Transformative Parenting we work exclusively with parents because we have found this is the very best way to deal with problem issues and create long-lasting change.
We use a unique system that blends personalized one-to-one parent consulting & coaching together with parent education based on the very best developmental science has to offer. And you can take part in our programs from anywhere in the world. We offer all of our services in-person, on the telephone, and online including our exclusive ChildSIGHT Parenting Program- a 12 week coaching program offered only by Transformative Parenting.
We were trained by internationally recognized clinical and developmental psychologist Dr. Gordon Neufeld (“Hold On to Your Kids”) to practice his remarkable attachment-based developmental work. Our Director, Todd Sarner, MFT, was hand-picked by Dr. Neufeld to be one of his first Interns and is currently a Faculty Member of the Neufeld Institute.
At Transformative Parenting, our goal is to support you in becoming the best parent you can be, the kind of parent you have always wanted to be. We help you find solutions to difficult problems, but our main goal is to help you see the “big picture” of parenting and child development so that the answers become more and more clear and you become more and more confident.
“As the mother of 3 young children, I was struggling to make my home more cohesive, balanced and harmonious. I had read a lot of books, and been to several lectures over the years, but when I went to the first class held by Todd, I knew this was something I really wanted to bring into my home. He provided the tools for me to help my children in a positive and nurturing way. None of us want to parent through constant threats and reprimand, and this approach helps you to parent the way we all imagined we would. I highly recommend working with Todd.” –Meg A., Mother of 3, Tiburon, CA
Some Next Steps
1. Sign up at the top of this page for our free monthly newsletter to receive our articles and to be kept informed of our in-person and online offerings. When you sign up, you’ll also receive a link to watch our free introductory video, “Overcoming Behavior Problems and Raising a Child That Thrives.”
(We’re having a temporary problem with the video file so for the time being you will receive our FREE Report “Regain Your Power to Parent”. As soon as the file is repaired, you will receive the link to view it.)
2. Check out our Resources page for past articles and links.
4. Contact us for a complimentary 20-minute phone consultation to discuss your current concerns. Together, we can determine how we might work together to help you and your family.