Join us for a public lecture or workshop. Contact us for details for any event.
March 2013 Events with Dr. Gordon Neufeld
In early March 2013 we will once again bring Gordon Neufeld to Northern California for some very special events. Dr. Neufeld, author of “Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More than Peers”, is one of the world’s leading authorities on child development and behavior. Our Director, Todd Sarner, was one of Dr. Neufeld’s first professional Interns and served as an original Faculty Member of the Neufeld Institute. This will be one of Dr. Neufeld’s only US visits in 2013 and they sell-out each time, so be sure to register soon!
Tuesday, March 5th, 2013. 7-9pm. Unity of Marin, Novato.
“Raising Children in the Digital World”
Wednesday, March 6th, 2013. 7-9pm. Venue TBA in Marin
“Making Sense of Adolescence”
Thursday, March 7th, 2013. 6-8pm. Hyatt Vineyard Creek, Santa Rosa.
“Alpha Children: Reclaiming our Rightful Place in the Lives of Bossy or Demanding Kids”
Friday and Saturday, March 8th and 9th. 9am-4pm. Unity of Marin, Novato.
“Making Sense of Anxiety and Attention Problems” Two Day Professional Training.
“Proactive Parenting Course: Preschoolers & Kindergartners”. This eight-week course is ideal for parents of 2-7 year olds who want to better understand the needs and challenges of these very important years from a developmental/attachment standpoint. We will talk about aggression (biting, hiting, tantrums, etc), counterwill (children saying NO! all the time), what is appropriate discipline, and more.
And now we have a Self-Paced Home Study Version of the Course (take it anytime, at your own pace! All the same teaching): http://www.transformativeparenting.com/proactive-parenting-course-preschoolers-kindergartners-home-study-edition/
A Sampling of Past Event Sponsors:
- First Five Marin Children & Families Commission
- Marin Parents of Multiples
- Elephant Pharmacy- Marin
- College of Marin Foster & Kinship Program
- Old Firehouse School, Mill Valley and Lafayette
- San Andreas High School PTA (Marin)
- La Leche League (Regional Conference, several chapters)
- Marin Interfaith Council
- Parent University, Marin Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Pediatric Alternatives, Mill Valley
- YMCA Marin
- Neil Cummins Elementary, Corte Madera
- Marin Primary & Middle School
- San Francisco Department of Health & Human Services
- Marin Waldorf School
- SunRidge Charter School, Sebastopol, CA
Contact us if you would like us to speak at your school, group or event. We’re also available to present workshops and seminars for qualified co-sponsors.